Saturday, March 8, 2014

Castration



Castration is the removal of the testicles. It is performed in the swine, goats, cattle , and other animals. It is done for the better quality of meat; it improves the quality of meat. Castration prevents the boar taint or the off odors of the meat. Boar taint is formed when the boars develop their natural pheromone and the gut product. Boar taint is observed as the undesirable odor of the meat. It also reflects in the taste of the meat. Meats observed to have the boar taint are not recommended for human consumption. This type of meat is not to be selling in the market.
                During castration pigs experiences pain and distress associated with: handling, cutting the scrotum and the spermaticords, and the post-surgical pain associated with healing. Castration can be performed by anyone who has knowledge about this. Castration can be performed with single or double slits, double slit is recommended for us beginners. Single slit for those who are well experience, single slit has the less pain in pigs. In terms of healing single slit is faster.
                At my first time in castrating pigs I feel so nervous. I thought I can’t do that but because of I also wanted to experience and learned that I try and notice that it is not hard as I expected. At present I’m enjoying it, I am the one who castrates the male piglets in our backyard farm. Now we don’t need to pay for someone just to castrate our piglets. Agriculture study really helps us in our everyday living.Thank you for reading :). 
               


No comments:

Post a Comment